National Park of the Agricultural Culture, PANACA+
Interactive theme park, with the largest variety in the tag heuer replica world of domestic zoology, including 4,000 animals in 8 stations (livestock, poultry, swine, sericulture, bioorganic, dogs, and horses), complemented with exhibitions and special shows. Adult and child passes available. Children under 80 cm (2'8") high do not pay entrance fee. Pass includes park admission and all exhibits. This program is for one day, at least six hours. Sunscreen, hat, comfortable shoes and fresh clothing are recommended.
PARQUE LOS ARRIEROS+
Quindío theme park, a place that offers tourist recreation and learning services; environment to the culture of the arrería. You will enjoy artistic, cultural, exhibitions and entertainment areas that make up a range of options for visitors, with 10 interactive activities and 6 artistic presentations.
This attraction is located in the north of the city of Armenia, where you will see how our ancestors lived in the past, while at the same time appreciating the most beautiful display of gold. This permanent archeological exhibition of the Gold Museum, from the Bank of the Republic, is a milestone of great cultural significance, designed by the architect Rogelio Salmona and awarded the "National Prize of Biennial Architecture 1986-1987". Its tour takes visitors from the beginning of the American settlement and the Old Caldas region until the present. It has a temporary exhibition hall, a regional documentation centre, a reading room, an open air theater, parking, beautiful gardens and a coffee shop. Location: North of Armenia, Ave. Bolivar #40N-80. Open Tuesday through Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free admission.
RAFTING TROUGH THE VIEJA RIVER+
ARIO DE LA VIEJA RAFTING An interesting ecotourism adventure is rafting down a river on a raft made of guadua. (The guadua is a thick bamboo cane very common in Colombia.) Become acquainted with this interesting tourism and adventure option in the center of the country, near the boundary of the Coffee Region with the department of Valle del Cauca.
Recuca is the Coffee Culture Tour, where visitors can live the process of a coffee farmer and wear peasant outfits from the region. In the middle of coffee plantations the Coffee Cultural Landscape is observed and the work of coffee cultivation is explained.
It is a Colombian municipality in the department of Quindío. Called the father of Quindío for being the oldest municipality in this department, it is known as the municipality Cuna of the National Tree "La Palma de Cera", has a wide variety of tourist attractions including the Cocora Valley where you can find a landscape full of nature, such as the Barranquero or Momotus momota, a bird commonly seen, make ecological walks and enjoy the beautiful landscapes of this town.
WHAT TO DO IN SALENTO COLOMBIA?
1. TRAVEL THE PEOPLE
2. WALK THROUGH THE REAL STREET AND ENJOY THE SALENTO VIEWPOINTS
3. KNOW THE COCORA VALLEY- The Cocora Valley is one of the most incredible landscapes in the world, one of the last foggy forests that house the quindiuense Ceroxylon or Quindio wax palm, the highest in the world
4. ACAIME AND THE HOUSE OF THE COLIBRÍES- Acaime is a natural reserve full of native flora and fauna, in which some drinking fountains have been installed where it is possible to see large, small hummingbirds, long or short tails, curved and long beaks And of all colors.
5. WALK TO LOS NEVADOS NATURAL NATIONAL PARK - The park offers a unique landscape where snow, frailejones, the fauna of the moor and the large number of lagoons such as Otún and Laguna Verde, make this place an ideal destination For those who want to connect with nature.
6. DO THE COFFEE TOUR 7. GO TO SANTA RITA WATERFALL
THE FARM OF MOTHER LULU+
La Pequeña Granja de Mama Lulú (Mama Lulu’s little ranch) is an integral farm run by one family (around 10 people), one of the oldest such projects in Colombia with over 25 years of experience. Located in the Quindío region, the Project is led by a family of campesinos who have been cultivating for generations, but now are applying more creative and integrated techniques. Today the farm is one of the best examples of applied permaculture and small-scale but diverse sustainable production in Colombia.